Backorder: Delivers within 10-15 buissness days of payment
Warning: Last items in stock!
This radio telemetry system is designed as an open source Xbee replacement radio set, offering a lower price, longer range (approx one mile) and superior performance to Xbee radios. It’s available in 915Mhz and 433Mhz; and in the following configurations: serial board (for the air) and USB (for the ground).
The system provides a full-duplex link using HopeRF's HM-TRP modules running custom, open source firmware. Interface to the module is via standard 5V-tolerant TTL serial / FT232 USB serial.
The SiK firmware includes a bootloader that permits radio firmware upgrades over the serial interface, and radio firmware with configurable parameters. Firmware upgrades and configuration are fully supported in the APM Mission Planner. Configuration is also possible through the 3DR Radio configurator and AT commands.
• Very small size
• Light weight (under 4 grams without antenna)
• Receiver sensitivity to -121 dBm
• Transmit power up to 20dBm (100mW)
• Transparent serial link
• Air data rates up to 250kbps
• Range of approx 1 mile
• MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
• Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
• Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
• Support for LBT and AFA
• Configurable duty cycle
• Built in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
• Demonstrated range of several kilometers with a small omni antenna
• Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
• Open source firmware
• AT commands for radio configuration
• RT commands for remote radio configuration
• Adaptive flow control when used with APM
• Based on the HopeRF HM-TRP radio module, featuring an SiLabs Si1000 RF microcontroller
'Air' and 'ground' variants, FT232-style pinout and USB connector, respectively
Maximum output power of 100mW (20dBm), adjustable between 1-20dBm
Standard TTL UART interface
Data transmit and connection status LED indicators
Dimensions (USB board for ground): 55x17mm
Dimensions (Serial board for air): 46x20mm
Weight (USB board for ground): 7.5g
Weight (Serial board for air): 5.6g
This product is based on the 3DRadio project by 3D Robotics.